Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Los Angeles ---> Los Angeles(Ontario)

Met Savannah from summer mission trip, found out that we both will be in LA, so decided to meet up
and update each other. We were roommate while we were in East Asia for Summer mission, we shared
our faith, challenges, and joy together every day. It was a really great experience! Well, after coming
back, it will not be the same anymore, but we still have the opportunity to get together, update our status,
recall all the memories, and look through my journal from Summer mission.

So glad that we met, and get to know her younger sister, Tabitha. Guess what! I went to her Bible
study on that Wednesday! It was another great and unexpected experience, to be able to find
the Christian community in the midst of traveling is a big joy to me. This church named Charisma Life
Church in Pomona, CA. I met a lot of new friends and become friends with them just one night
in Bible Study. Was planning to go to their church service that Sunday, but they are going to church camp.
The Holy Spirit in my heart urged me to ask the youth pastor to see if I can go with them. This sounds
super awkward and crazy because the camp happens in 4 days, what if there is no more space for me?
                         When God works, there is no way to run away from Him.
While I was still struggling whether shall I ask the pastor about the camp, the pastor looked at me and asked:
Do you want to go to church camp? 
What?!
Of course, I say yes! hahah.... So, in the end, he didn't even ask me to fill up the form, just go and gather
at the church on Sunday morning. He counted me into their participant's list. Wow~~~~~ Isn't that crazy!?

No comments:

Post a Comment