Wednesday, August 16, 2017

New Jersey--->Los Angeles(West Covina)

"I will keep my promise, no matter how long it takes to fulfill because you have my words."

Decided to spend the rest of my summer in California not just because I want to travel around there,
but because I promised to visit my friend, Jojo 5 years ago, and I keep my promise.

We knew each other for almost 12 years, ever since I moved to Tawau, Sabah. 
We attend Boys Brigade(BB) together, for those of you who never heard BB before....
Boys Brigade is the largest Christian uniformed youth organization in UK and Ireland.
We trained like boys, learned how to survive in the jungle, learned the drill, attended leadership training, 
took first aid test, swimming test, and other tests. (So, now you know why sometimes I act like boy, hahaha)

After I moved to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Jo moved to Hong Kong with her parents. 
We still keep in touch, write letters, and she will come stay at my house when she visits Malaysia.
A few years later, she further studies in the California State University of Long Beach, I promised one day I will go visit her.
I had the opportunity to work in summer camp in South Dakota, planned to visit her, but that didn't work out because of the fixed schedule. 
A few years later, here I am...!  
I stayed at her place, she has to work, and I have some project to work on, so normally we hang out during the weekend.
So far, we visited Universal Studio, Griffith Observatory from the movie "La La Land", Little Tokyo, Hillsong Church, Seal Beach and so on.... 
Not sure how long more I will stay here, but cherish every moment we get to hang out together. 
And I get to meet her boyfriend Tam and her friends here! Wohoo~~~~
They are fun people to hang out with! 
Jo always brings me to place for great food!!! Famous Korean BBQ, Taiwanese hot pot, Japanese sushi, Hong Kong dim sum, and more~~~
She is like an angel to me, so blessed and grateful!!! 
And thanks to her, I experienced my first "Yatch Party" wohooo!!! 
It was the celebration for her boyfriend's birthday surprise party, and I get to involve in that!
Met lot of her x-classmates, most of them designers now, fun and great people.
Besides that, I saw dolphin group when we sailed off the shores!!!! First dolphins watch! It was exciting and I really love it! 
Thanks Jo, couldn't thank you enough for your warm hospitality, everything that you did for me was a blast!
Really wish that we will meet again, until the day we meet, take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment