Monday, August 20, 2018

Art Institute of Chicago

Spent some times in the Art Institute of Chicago, been here a few months ago, so this time only spent time in the new exhibition section. 
Really love some of the works and often amazed by the color that chosen by the artists, 
especially the details of the pen/ brush strokes. 
One of the sad fact that I found out as I was visiting, this art museum/ gallery doesn't exhibit 
a recent artist's work but only those famous artist's work who passed away a century ago.
I'm impressed by their work but at the same time feeling disappointed by that, 
because that means they don't even give the artist from the younger generation to try to exhibit their work in the gallery. 
Not even their students from their own institute.
=(
Anyhow, this visit motivates me to work harder in the details but at the same time don't be afraid to try new things! 
One day, I will exhibit my own work in one of the art gallery/ art museums! 



Art Institute of Chicago
Address: 111 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60603
Email: http://www.artic.edu
Hours: 
Mon-Wed, Fri-Sun 10:30AM–5:30PM
Thu 10:30AM–8PM

No comments:

Post a Comment