Monday, October 22, 2018

A missionary at Haiti.

Met Kristen before this summer at Hickory and found out she will come to Chicago for a training before heading to Haiti as a teacher.
So we decided to meet in Chicago and hopefully we can share more about our stories and vision.
She drove to the place I stayed then we ride together to downtown by Subway to save money and save time from looking for parkings. 
We went to a ramen store for lunch, visited some bookstores, having coffee time, went downtown together...

but most importantly, 

we shared a lot about ourselves, especially the "call" to be a missionary. Which was cool to me! For it's still rare to me to see young 
missionaries, so I'm really excited and thankful to know that we are not alone in this journey...She was an introverted girl, and 
I'm too (Yes, I'm, don't judge me...) we talked about how we value friendship and how the mission field changed us, our own 
romantic relationship stories and how God teaches us to be submissive, and also how God shaped us through all the circumstances 
in life. It was a huge encouragement to see this young girl willing to give her life to God and take the step of faith to go.

It was a simple day to walk around downtown, learn about each other, encourage each other, and continue to follow God.
Can't wait to hear more from her and I'm excited to see how God is going to work to and through her life at Haiti!
Recorded on June 16, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment