Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Let the journey begin....

Dec 12, 2017
Charlotte ---> New York
1st stop
"Go, just go."

Wasn't prepare at all when I was on hoard, this sounds like a dream; sounds like a crazy plan.
Can't believe this is getting real, once I get on this plane, which means I'm on my way to Asia,
one step closer to home. Is this alright? Is this an unresponsible act? Is this a trip that's going
to please God? I've no idea. Go, just go.... Putted down whatever is in my mind, took some 
money out from my account, packed my luggages, took my passport, and headed to the airport. 
Let's go!

Dec 13, 2017
New York ---> Doha
2nd stop
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."

Was kind of sick one week ago before this trip, worried that I wasn't able to get on plane because
I was having serious flu and cough. Well, it was a terrible night spent in New York, couldn't rest 
well at all, the only hope is that I can get on board safely and sleep for few hours. Met a couple 
from New York area, Michael and Lindsey, friendly and nice people, found out that we are going
to be on the same flight to Jakarta, sounds great! We had the opportunity to talk about this country,
Qatar, actually is an Arab country in the Middle East, it is one of the richest countries in the region
today. With 2.7 million population, this is an Islamic country, where Arabic is their main language,
sounds like an interesting country that waits to be discover, hope next time I can layover longer to 
explore this misterious country.


Dec 14, 2017
Doha ---> Jakarta
3rd stop
"Lives with no excuses, travel with no regrets."

There were some low moments in the journey, doubting am I going to the right path, questioning 
why am I doing this; especially this trip, this wasn't in my plan, but am I regreting this trip? why?
My hope is not to leave with any regrets in this trip, take this as a challenge and stop all the 
negative thoughts, instead use those time to appreciate what I have and be thankful.

Dec 15, 2017
Jakarta ---> Surabaya
4th stop
"Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once."

After three to four days travelling, finally meet up with my best friend, who is also bride-to-be.
Feels like a releave when I saw her, seems like it worth the trip here. It's my honor to be part of 
her wedding day, witness my best friend with 12 years friendship married the love of  her life. I 
would definitely regret if I didn't make my trip back, I'm so glad I didn't. 

Dec 16, 2017
Surabaya ---> Bali
5th stop
"Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times."

There are some sayings that Bali is a paradise island in a beautiful world. Well, I have no right to 
judge, although there are tons of photos online, all kinds of travel articles mention how beautiful
is this place, you never know until you witness it with your own eyes. If not because of my best 
friend's wedding, I would never had the opportunity to come visit Bali, experience the luxury Bali 
villa views, enjoy the local Bali food, and shop in the local market. However, I don't enjoy the 
humidity and scary traffic, and also the rainy season. After all, go visit if you can, is better to 
witness it yourself than listen to me, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment