Sunday, April 15, 2018

Broyhill Leadership Training


At first, I have no idea what was this, only knew that I was nominated by the professors an staffs as a leader on campus and had the opportunity to go on a leadership training at Kuru Beach. Well, leadership training, I should go and check it out how they do this, so I signed up, found out that I have some friends who are coming along, such as Santi, Fatou, Hannah, and Juan. Sounds great!!!
We traveled on Friday, spent a weekend at the beach. Hoop onto the bus, get ourselves a comfortable seat, then passed out for few hours until we arrive the beach.
My heart was so pumped when we arrived the beach, it kinds of reminded me of home, the sound of the wave and wind, the sand, the sea and the beach...Can't wait, but ran towards the beach after I drop my luggage into the room.
Barefoot walking at the beach, taking pictures, enjoying the weather, listening to the sound of the wave, feeling the wind, love this!!!


We had training, team building games, discussion for most part of our time there, 
Well, Ever since young, I have gone through a lot of leadership training, planned and run training that helps others to be a leader for a 
couple years, and now studying in LR through the scholarship titled International Women’s Leader Scholarship. Even though I went 
through all these training, still, I’m in the process of learning to be a leader. Isn’t everyone can be a leader? What is that mean by being 
a leader? Being the talkative one in a group? Being the most social one in a group? Being the one who has most ideas in a group? 
Being the smartest one in the group? Being the one who does all the work in a group? 
We had some crazy fun Spoon game before bed,  had some huge pizza! 
Ohya, and we went to the aquarium on Saturday afternoon!!! Watching the fishes are so healing to me, I can watch that for the whole afternoon. 
Went out for dinner with a group of new friends!  
Simple night~

Throughout that 3 days 2 nights’ leadership retreat, it was a great time building relationship with other students, team building, and 
also a good refresh on the leadership role. I kept asking myself what makes a great leader? All the games we played gave us a lot of 
idea of how leadership is like, such as communication, listening, understanding, teamworking, humility, having clear focus and 
vision, being inspiring. What I found very helpful was the last day activity, where we need to pick up the words that best speak about our 
past, present and future. By recognizing what we been in the past, the challenges we had, it’s so powerful to see how it transformed 
us. How it formed our characteristics and shaped us to be who we are now, and our hope and dream in future. 


What makes a great leader? 
To me, a leader who can see the need, not only respond to the need humbly but also create the atmosphere and inspire others to respond the need together, 
that’s a leader.
Recorded on 23-25 Feb 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment