Sunday, November 26, 2017

Chinese Culture in Motion



The Chinese nation is united by the common root of Chinese people. The profound Chinese culture is not limit in mainland China nor overseas. Throughout the generations, Chinese people work their best to preserve the culture although they moved to the different country. 

That's why I'm proud to be Malaysian Chinese, especially I'm the six generation who still fluence in Mandarin, read, speak and write. Not only that, also able to communicate with three other Chinese dialects because that's what we speak at home or with friends. What makes us unique is, we do not just keep the language, but also the tradition, festival, and food.

"Chinese Culture in Motion" is just a start, to show how Chinese people able to communicate with each other no matter where they came from, with a different background, but with the language we speak, the song we sing, that bring us together. 

So glad our show "Chinese Culture in Motion" had a good turnout! Decided not to dance as much as I did before in Malaysia because that's not what I major in, and also time to consume, so I didn't dance ever since I came to the US, except mime in Lifegame. Thanks for Melody's trust, support and encourage, I was able to stand on the stage to present a Hakka song and have a duet dance.Thanks to everyone who made this happen and all who came to the show and show support to us. 

Especially thanks Melody's hard work for putting this show together. My friends were impressed and didn't expect I will dance and sing~!!! Hahaha.... surprise! Anyway, still trying to stay low key and stay humble. This is definitely not the last, but I don't think I will dance anytime soon, so we'll see!
Bailiang, Melody, and me!
Recorded on Nov 15, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment